On the 2nd of November, I am thankful that I have a good savings and a job that allows me have fun, yet save at the same time. Today was a sad day in that I had to take my laptop in to get fixed because it was overloaded and crashing with viruses :( It was all my fault; I was watching a television show on a website that wasn't very secure with lots of pop-ups and I'm pretty sure that's what did me in. What's ironic is that the show I was watching is about a guy who works at a store called the "Buy More" which is supposed to resemble a Best Buy and he works in the "Nerd Herd" of the electronics department which is supposed to be like the Geek Squad and that's exactly who I had to take it to to get it fixed. It cost me an arm and a leg, but I learned my lesson and I am so thankful that I have a savings so that this minor setback didn't break the bank.
I remember when I first got my job at AAA. I had been let go for the summer from SDG because they didn't have enough work for me. I was praying that God would provide work, but I hadn't told many people that I was looking for another job. My grandma (thinking I had a stable job) said that she heard from a woman in her poker group that they were hiring at AAA and I should apply. God's timing! And that job has continued to be a blessing ever since, including stability during a time when I am trying to break my way into the field of education.
No comments:
Post a Comment