Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fieldtrip

Today was so much fun!
Today was my first fieldtrip as a teacher. It was a little weird being on the other side...the authority figure. Still had a ton of fun though. I was in charge of six kids while we had lunch at Seaport Village and went to the children's museum downtown. It is so awesome to see students being kids instead of an outcome of learning objectives. For instance, the little boy who just came from Iraq and has never been to school before. He's always so serious and walks around with his hands in his pockets all day. The other day the kids were all singing and dancing to a silly song and as much as I tried to get him to participate, he just kept shaking his head and waving his finger "no" at me, almost like he was embarrased to act silly in front of everyone. Today he actually acted like a kid. He joined right in when I let the kids roll around in the grass and had a pillow fight. He was laughing and giggling along with all the other kids. So fun to watch!
I also discovered that I have a new favorite kid in class haha. We played I Spy to and from the museum and he rocked at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment