Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LOVE

When I was in high school, I remember having a favorite word of the moment. Sounds weird, I know. But there would be words that I would just be fascinated with. One time it was the word "amazing." There was just something about that word that I thought was awesome. Well, I have a new favorite word of the moment. I absolutely adore (that was another word I liked) the word LOVE. It's really not just a word though; It's an action. LOVE fascinates me. God's love for me, a mother's love for her child, love shown through friendship, or even love shown to a complete stranger through an act of kindness. I really can't think of anything on this earth more perfect than LOVE. It's "amazing!" I really can't express how much LOVE intrigues me right now, so I might come back and update this later, but for now I'll leave you with this...



"Though I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, endures all things. Love never ends...faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:2-8, 13


Easier said than done. Can you replace your name with love in verses 4-8? And even though it might be difficult to replace our name with love in ALL of the verses, isn't that exactly what we expect and sometimes demand of everyone else?


Challenge/Objective: To live a life full of LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment